If you follow my blog or follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that a few months ago I started taking Perfect 7® Renewal Advanced skin supplements as part of a campaign with Seven Seas (you can read my first blog here). I took the supplements for 60 days and then travelled back up to London to get my skin scanned by a skin analyst again, to see if there had been any improvements.
As discussed previously, how our skin looks, feels and ages is down to a multitude of factors such as genetics, to what we eat, what we put in our body, stress, tiredness and sun exposure. I know for myself that when I’m not getting enough sleep or not exfoliating, or eating as healthily as normal then my skin can look lacklustre and without its glow. Taking a skin supplement, no matter how good, is not a magic pill designed to combat all of these things. However, used in combination with healthy lifestyle choices and a good skincare routine, it can have a positive impact on our appearance by supporting our skin from within.
ABIGAIL JAMES TOP FIVE SKINCARE TIPS
On my second visit to London to get my results we were treated to a presentation with one of London’s leading beauty experts, facialist Abigail James on steps she believes are beneficial to beautiful-looking skin.
- Treat yourself to regular facials to help keep skin healthy. A professional facial stimulates the skins natural exfoliation process, keeping the skin more toned and youthful looking.
- Diet is super important and should include lots of vitamin rich vegetables as well as drinking lots of water and staying away from processed foods.
- Allow 2 months for any skincare treatment to work. The reason for this, is that it takes roughly 6-7 weeks for our skin cells to renew. This is when you can usually start to see all the benefits from your new skincare products.
- Adapt your skincare regime as you age. Remember as you age, your skin changes, so it’s important to adapt to meet the changing demands your skin has, by using the products that are right for your age. In your 40’s, often fine lines and wrinkles can appear a lot more prominent so it’s a good time to start making your skincare routine more intense. Stronger topical night creams and serums are great.
- Invest in Perfect7® Renewal Advanced. Perfect7® Renewal Advanced contains Ceramosides™ which are a natural source of ceramides. Ceramides are a type of lipid that form 50% part of the skin’s moisture barrier. You can think of them as the main part of the mortar between bricks, if the bricks are your skin cell. As we age, our ceramide levels start to drop and all that moisture that once kept our skin looking soft and supple reduces. Ultimately this leads to a drier, rougher and a more wrinkled looking complexion. In addition, the product also contains a multivitamin and mineral tablet for general well-being and an omega-3 tablet with DHA for additional health benefits.
Having used Perfect7® Renewal Advanced, which Ceramosides™ for 60 days, my scan results were interesting. It showed that the appearance of roughness of my skin had reduced by 23.41%. I have always looked after my skin, wearing moisturisers with sunscreen and pollution blockers for years. I also don’t smoke, drink alcohol in moderation and have a healthy diet with a low intake of dairy and no meat. I probably don’t get as much sleep as I could or should, but I do drink a lot of herbal tea and water to keep hydrated and use facial scrubs to keep my skin looking fresh.
So, admittedly my skin’s appearance wasn’t in bad condition anyway at the beginning of the trial. However, I find it interesting that in the last month or so I have had a number of friends comment on my skin and say how good it’s looking which is a bonus!
What I am confident on, is that while I wasn’t expecting miracles, from the feedback I’ve had and the results of the scan, there does seem to be some visible improvement. I also believe that as the trial was only for a short period, with more extended use, I may well continue to see further improvements in the appearance of my skin (but of course this is just my opinion).
The good news is that you don’t have to just take my word for it! Seven Seas have kindly given me an extra box of Perfect7® Renewal Advanced (one month supply) which I would like to give away to one UK reader!
A winner will be picked at random before Christmas.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND CAMPAIGN
New Perfect7 Renewal Advanced (Trio pack containing 30x Ceramosides™ capsules, 30x Multivitamin and mineral tablet and 30x Omega-3 capsules), £39.99 and New Perfect7 Renewal £34.99 (Duo pack contains 30x Ceramosides™ capsules and 30x Omega 3 capsules). Exclusively available at Boots nationwide and on Boots.com
Wrinkle reduction: Skin Photography before and after 60 days. Each pack contains a 30-day supply
DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision, DHA contributes to normal brain function.
Food supplements do not substitute a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
Biotin supports normal healthy hair. Zinc supports normal healthy nails. Vitamin C supports collagen formation for normal skin function. Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Iron helps maintain normal energy-yielding metabolism. Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity. Folic acid contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.